2 replies to this topic

#1 maines

maines

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hey, long time reader - think i've maybe posted once or twice ;) poster.. person..

i have a 2 year old rainbow (ive had her since she was a few weeks old) and for the last two nights she's been getting down onto her cage floor (her playing on her cage floor is COMMON for her - like she does it everyday but she SLEEPS on her perches up top) anyways the last few nights she's been getting on the floor and kinda making that 'begging' sound almost crying? sound that she used to make when she was a baby, its heartbreaking, but then last night i let her out and she just preened me and wanted to play funny buggers (i LET her out - as in opened the cage door for her to make the choice to come out i figured if she was in pain she'd stay) anyways and she was all normal, but now she's doing it again today, usually if i give her pats lately she's been getting kinda 'fruity' and like she'll pinch my neck so that i'll touch her back.. so i kinda guess she's erm... all matey. but i'm more worried that she's trying to lay and egg but can't ? (binding) but i'm not sure :S i don't even know if she is a she, but from this behaviour i'm thinking she is ;) I'm not even sure what i'm asking =/ how do i tell if she's egg bound? or just wanting to sleep on her floor - or nesty floor whichever =(

#2 Guest_NotEnoughTime_*

Guest_NotEnoughTime_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

Avianweb has this article on egg binding: Egg Binding: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment Options

If not losing weight or still eating the same amount, other behaviours are the same and not straining it doesn't *seem* to be egg binding... But ONLY an avian vet can tell you with more certainty.

Warm baths and keeping your hen warm are recommended anyway if she's going to lay.

#3 sassie

sassie

My Bird is An Honor Student at BirdBoard

• Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

Avian vet needed for SURE! I know you ALL are probably sick of hearing it from me - but this bird clearly has some sort of issue -if its egg binding your bird might die. If its a crop infection your bird might die - This site does NOT have an avian vet to answer medical questions --- IF you need to find out, look in My siggy for the link!
I am a very blunt & honest person. I dont sugar coat things that i say. If I offend you please feel free to PM me I am always willing to work out any confrontation

Find your local AVIAN VET here Please expect no less then the best for your parrots health! http://www.aav.org/search/index.php :clover:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users