• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 ConureKidd

ConureKidd

I Live, Eat & Sleep BirdBoard

• Members
  • 1961 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

2 pms and a vistor msg joking on my spelling.

i dont get it, lol

does my spelling really bother most of you???

i honestly try to edit everything before post. some times i even google
words just to make sure. ill try harder to keep my post more legibale, (if there not)

and i hope i have no conflick with anyone for the reason of the jokes.
if i offended anyone, please let me know. and ill highly apolagize.

sorry a bunch

CK
Posted Image

Thankyou so much for my WONDERFUL sig macawpower58!!

#2 Budgie97128

Budgie97128

• Members
  • 2309 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

Doesn't bother me at all and I can always understand what you type. Btw, I am Dyslexic too. I just learned how to hide it. :) I love to read but I struggle with it the most and writing.

Posted Image
Also, Two Budgies - Four Parrotlets - & some four legged fur monsters.

R.I.P Ichigo - Budgie :i.seki3:

#3 ConureKidd

ConureKidd

• Members
  • 1961 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

i just got another one, 3 pms and a vistor msg.

whats worse than having to deal and live with dyslexia, is being told how to live.
or how to read, or right.

iv made it though 12 years of school and plan becoming a county sheriff, if i needed help with it, id ask lol
so i ask you as a person with a heart, please leave you negative comments to yourself, unless its bird related
i do not care.
Posted Image

#4 Budgie97128

Budgie97128

• Members
  • 2309 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

People can be cruel, try to ignore it and delete them.

Posted Image

#5 ConureKidd

ConureKidd

• Members
  • 1961 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

thanks budgie, its you guys like you amy, becky, kiwi, trapper and a few others why i dont resign myself right now.
that and the knowledge i need from this site.
i even signed up for parrotfourms.org just to see how it was. i like it here.
and like the friends iv aqired here.

mabey you can pm me some ways of hiding it, cause posts take forever, with all the editing.

my main prob is 2 letters together like leTTer, or adding an s to the end. spelling thought instead of though
spelling hough instead of home
stuff like that. and reading, prolly the most embarrising moments of my life in school.

i though i was pretty well at hiding it, but guess not. after the pms and vis msg

Doesn't bother me at all and I can always understand what you type. Btw, I am Dyslexic too. I just learned how to hide it. :) I love to read but I struggle with it the most and writing.

Posted Image

#6 Vendetta312

Vendetta312

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

I can understand you just fine. Don't worry about the comments, its fine.
:i.seki3: - Digit (Budgie)
:animal18: - Gus
:animal18: - Sadie

Soli Deo Gloria!

#7 ConureKidd

ConureKidd

• Members
  • 1961 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

oh i just showed everyone, they laughed so hard. just told me in sigh "its the internet ryan"
and they planned a shooting trip this weekend, lol
something dyslexia cant really effect. plus i need to ajust my sights,
i dont know how to yet, they do though. so i thank the negative comments, lol
it got me another trip to range, lol
Posted Image

#8 Budgie97128

Budgie97128

• Members
  • 2309 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Just the other day I was struggling with the word "go" when writing it on paper. It can be the simplest things that get me. On anything possible I use a spell checker and I type instead of write where I can. I love to read so much, but takes me forever to read one page. The computer is so much easier.
There are so many famous people who have had Dyslexia; such as Pablo Picasso, General George Patton, Thomas Edison, Leonardo da Vinci, ect

How to Beat Adult Dyslexia - wikiHow

Posted Image

#9 ConureKidd

ConureKidd

• Members
  • 1961 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

or rain lol, that one got me, had to google it, was like oh yea, duh

thanks for that link though
Posted Image

#10 loyallyroyal

loyallyroyal

• Members
  • 2090 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

You know what might be easier/faster than google, just type your response into word and copy and past. For longer responses I always do that since sometimes my internet goes down and I dont want to loose what I wrote.

#11 Seiri

Seiri

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

I'm not going to lie...I'm very hard on people when it comes to writing, but I think it stems from being around so many people in school where their inability to write correctly made my grade suffer just because I had to work with them. I don't really care on the internet and my boyfriend is dyslexic so I understand some of the difficulties, but I do believe it is a reflection of the education system. Way too many people have problems with grammar and spelling. However, twelve years of school is nothing. I know a lot of people who managed to graduate high school, but wouldn't be able to spell, write, or divide their way out of a paper bag.

Don't take messages sent to you harshly, but always think about increasing your knowledge and education to improve your writing skills. It will help you everywhere (especially when it comes to applying for jobs).

BTW- I'm getting a degree in Biology and hate English classes with a passion, but I knew they would benefit me so I took many advanced classes in high school and college and I'm glad that I did.
Posted Image

#12 ConureKidd

ConureKidd

• Members
  • 1961 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

i have a job, or will at 21 , if i changed my mind and went to school, then after i can still go back and still
run straight to the academy. iv been on run alongs as a minor since 15, lol kinda a dream.

and i graduated with a 3.2 my senor year, and 2.9 total all 4. Its basics more than anything, left from right, and small stupid words.
i over look em, and post. and reading is bad.

and as far as some one "joking" about my knowledge, rather than implying help. is a bit diffrent.

plus im stubourn, i refuse to be told what to do unless i ask for it, lol esp by someone on the internet who knows me for nothing.
one pm was fwd toward "helping" i guess but the other 2, and vistor msg was stupid, and had no value but laughter.
lol
Plus i draw, not wright, lol
Posted Image

#13 Seiri

Seiri

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

I graduated with a 3.5 after taking five advanced placement classes and all the rest were the "pre-AP" classes and yet 75% of the Valedictorians had never taken a difficult class. Again, I'm not going to lie, I had to read your last post several times to figure out what you were trying to say. 2.9 is a C average and it honestly shows. I also wouldn't have pointed it out, but you brought it up.

My boyfriend (as I mentioned before) is dyslexic, but he can still type they're, there, and their correctly. I stand by what I said about education. Basics are called basics for a reason, they are the things you learn in third grade, like using apostrophes and capitalizing "I" and similar things like that.
Posted Image

#14 Trapper

Trapper

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

I don't have a problem with anything you have said. I don't spell that bad, but I figure who am I to point fingers with the way I type. I never learned that. But you have to admit, it is easy for people to sit at home and say anything offensive. I try my best not to do that to anyone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 parrotfreek21

parrotfreek21

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

ive never even noticed the spelling, ive always liked your posts.
:Cherryhead_Conure1.Much talking is the cause of danger. Silence is the means of avoiding misfortune. The talkative parrot is shut up in a cage. Other birds, without speech, fly freely about.
Saskya Pandita :Cherryhead_Conure1.

Mojo (budgie):i.seki3:
Tweety (budgie):i.seki3:
Jack -RIP (Cherry head Conure):Cherryhead_Conure1.
Cody (Yellow Lab):animal18:

#16 Budgie97128

Budgie97128

• Members
  • 2309 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

Education does help. I had a great education with a high GPA (Not a competition, so I'm not posting it), but no matter how great of an education you have, a Dyslexic person will still struggle during some points in their life. It's a lot of constant hard work to stay focused. I also understand that a lot of people do use it as an excuse. I think just about everyone on this board that is human struggles with something, whether they admit it or not. Also, just because someone can spell and has a high GPA does not necessarily mean they are smarter than the next person.

Posted Image

#17 Trapper

Trapper

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

I am going to admit one that most people wouldn't. I only finished 9th grade. No one was able to teach me anything, because I already knew everything. You have seen the type, that was me. I was smart enough to figure out what was what and went back and got a GED. Went on from there. I did have to force myself to learn English Grammar. I don't think I would want to file a police report with a double negative. Defense attorney might pick up on that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 Budgie97128

Budgie97128

• Members
  • 2309 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Congratulations on getting your GED. That's an achievement to be proud of.

Posted Image

#19 Budgie97128

Budgie97128

• Members
  • 2309 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

One more thing I wanted to point out was that dyslexia ranges from mild to moderate to severe to profound. No two people with dyslexia are exactly alike and someone with dyslexia may not have every single symptom.

Posted Image

#20 macawpower58

macawpower58

• Members
  • 2183 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

You'd better stay at BirdBoard! I for one would miss you. :)

I also don't give a hoot if you can spell or not. I've a 23 year old daughter that can't read. It's not that she can't make out the words, but she has no comprehension skills. Yet in the real world, she's sharp as a tack.

We all have our little peccadilloes. You just keep on posting! Those that matter will overlook your spelling, and if they don't understand something you've written, they'll ask you. Those that are mean, just ignore them. I do think now that you explained yourself, most folk will be more tolerant also. At least I hope so.

Becky.....Where Fur and Feather Meet.

Posted Image

My Albums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users