11 replies to this topic

#1 nurse2b

nurse2b

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

Why is there such limited information on indian ringnecks as pets? It seems I just keep coming across the same websites/info over and over again! Any idea why?

Thanks
:i.sakura2: Tinker-Lovebird DOH 4/21/11
Blue IRN Arriving home Sunday DOH 4/2/11

#2 IolaniAviary

IolaniAviary

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

I don't think there is info on most parrots unless your looking at something larger like a Macaw or Cockatoo. I think that this fad of smaller parrots as pets is rather new, and the best place as always to find information is from other owners.
I value my garden more for being full of blackbirds than of cherries, and very frankly give them fruit for their songs.
:quaker::greencheek::lovebird::i.osina:

#3 nurse2b

nurse2b

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

That makes sense, I suppose....... Sigh :) It just gets a little frustrating. It's not that I even have specific questions yet, but I like to research stuff.

#4 ashbirdlady

ashbirdlady

I LOVE BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground WA

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

What sites have you found so far?
Christa

#5 nurse2b

nurse2b

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

I couldn't even tell you, Ha :) I just typed indian ringneck in the search bar and started clicking away at links. It just seems very redundant. The main site I've been going to is I think its called indian ringneck.com its all green for the theme color. That's the one that seems the most popular. :)

#6 ashbirdlady

ashbirdlady

I LOVE BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

I will do a search and send some your way
Christa

#7 nurse2b

nurse2b

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

Great! Any and All info. much appreciated! :) My new addition just got here today! Now to think of names......

#8 ashbirdlady

ashbirdlady

I LOVE BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

The Indian Ringneck Parakeet

Indian Ringneck Parrots: Comprehensive information on this bird species, including distribution, physical description and photos, behavior, diet and breedingrmation Page and Photos

I will look for some more
Christa

#9 kobe629

kobe629

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Like other people have said not much on a lot of birds..I have a queen of bavaria and a alexadrine in a couple of weeks and there isn't much information nor books on both birds..IRN there is more info on them..

#10 Cvija

Cvija

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

Indian Ringneck Parrots: Comprehensive information on this bird species, including distribution, physical description and photos, behavior, diet and breedingrmation Page and Photos
Mark Jones' Mutation Indian Ringneck Parakeets - Home
Indian Ringneck As Pets
Rose-ringed Parakeet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I find some other sites I'll give the links for them, hope these help wee bit! :)

And what exactly you expect to find out about IRN's?

#11 nurse2b

nurse2b

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

Thanks so much for the links! :)

#12 melstar

melstar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

You know, I was having the same problem before I got Eddie. I was trying to do research on them as I was only a conure and tiel owner previously but I was left with not very many sites to do much researching on. And most of the sites I did find would talk about all the bad things that they do. One site was telling me that ringnecks are NOT good parrots to own as they are very hard to train, very loud etc etc...
I decided to take my chances and purchased him and I wish that I could create my own website! I found that nothing was true. I'm sure every bird is different and maybe I lucked out but he's only 6 months now and knows 4 tricks (turn around, wave, nod and knows his bathroom spot). Hes starting to learn how to talk as well...sounds like a little baby trying to put words together but none the less hes learning.
I can say nothing but great things about this bird...but i definately was disappointed in the lack of researching material on the internet as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users