To adopt or not....
Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:54 AM
I have posted this also on the Amazon page. I'm getting some great advice from the folks there but this is such a big decision that will affect hers and our lives - we definitely wanted to make a very informed decision. I can use all the opions I can get.
Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:04 PM
If she is at a very good/caring avian store I think you have plenty of time to make a sound decision.
The interaction between your macaw, quaker and this zon would be what I would focus on. There are huge size and temperament differences that will require you protect them from each other. I guess if you have managed a macaw and a quaker successfully, adding another bird who could hurt one and be hurt by the other is feasible. It seems like a lot of time management to me, but if you are determined to own the zon then you must think it can be done. This is the only area where I see potential problems.
Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:25 PM
We adopted our macaw from the same store - he too was 'used'. We interacted with him over the course of 6 weeks to make sure that he and we were a good fit for each other. If she is sold to someone else before we reach a decision then that is what is to be. Luckily the store has very caring people and won't sell a bird to someone just to make a buck. She'll go to a good home no matter what.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users