5 replies to this topic

#1 Greyhoundmom320

Greyhoundmom320

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

I am sad to say that I recently lost my sulfur crested girl. She was a rescue that was literally thrown out of someone's car. Therefor, I really have no idea how old she is. I lost her to cancer just a couple weeks ago. It has been so empty without a cockatoo around here. So I've been thinking about getting another cockatoo. Not just to replace her, because that will be impossible. Her personality is irreplacable. So anyway, I've been looking into Ducorps. I know of someone that is trying to find a home for hers and curious if anyone on here has any experience with these guys.

#2 ashbirdlady

ashbirdlady

I LOVE BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground WA

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

I fostered one. She was great. Very quiet for a too.
Christa

#3 maggy

maggy

My Bird is An Honor Student at BirdBoard

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your cockie..your heart must have broken. I can't advise about a Ducorps..but remember they are all individuals..so besr meet the one you might have and see if s/he wants you...LOL

#4 jmfleish

jmfleish

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

I have a male who is 10. I love him to tears and can do anything with him but do not believe all the stuff they say about this species being more quiet or less needy. It simply is not true. I do have to say that he is much more laid back than say a G2 or a BE2, but he was terribly needy when I first got him. I've had him for a little more than 8 years now. He is a plucker and isn't nearly as needy as he was when I first got him but he still has serious screaming issues and can be as loud if not louder than the big guys (U2s and M2s). I also have an RB2 who is magical, although not quite as loud and not quite as needy.
Jen and the flock
www.birdiedebutantes.com
www.tntbirdtoys.com

#5 Greyhoundmom320

Greyhoundmom320

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thank you for everyone's input. My sulphur crested was a very needs girl and only I could lay my hands on her. I could anything to her, she was my baby. I miss her terribly. It is still so weird not going through our nightly routine. We would say "Nighty night" to each other for about 5 minutes after the lights went out while I was laying in bed. Oh I miss her so much.

Thank you for the info on the ducorps. I know every birdie is an individual which is why I love hearing testimonials along with reading about general care on the internet.

Thanks guys!

#6 Vex

Vex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Only 'too experience I had was an umbrella so I'm not much help so I hope others are able to weigh in and you find a good one for you. They really are like babies that become such an incredible part of the family. Thinking of you.
Deuce (B&G) 4/26/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users