2 replies to this topic

#1 lynnchee

lynnchee

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

I will be listing the interior measurement of the cages. The actual outer measurements of the cages and stands are much larger and I have limited space (doesn't everybody).

Currently I have two 'tiels sharing a 30L" x 20W" x 34"H cage.

I am planning to rescue a caique currently housed in a cage of 18L" x 18W" x 31H"

I'm positive that the cage is not big enough for the caique to truly enjoy itself but not sure if this cage is adequate enough for two 'tiels.

Of course, I will disinfect the HECK out of the cages before making the swap. Standard 60 day quarantine before having the birds in the same room following the avian vet check up ^ ^.

Advice and opinions are welcome.

#2 Monica

Monica

Passion for Parrots!

• Moderators
  • 22118 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

My advice? Get a new cage for the caique! I wouldn't recommend an 18" x 18" cage for 1 cockatiel, let alone two...

Caiques are quite opposite of cockatiels, so good luck with the feisty little one!

Monica & Fids (Fids = Feathered Kids)

Posted Image

#3 lynnchee

lynnchee

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

I was worried about that. That poor Caique in such a small space.

Yes, the Caique is quite the opposite of the tiels, but I am excited about that! This particular girl I'm adopting is quite mellow though. That might be because she's showing signs of being cage bound - AND hasn't reached the mature age of 2 quite yet.

You see, it's a coworker of mine who got the bird 'dumped' on him but he doesn't really want to care for it. So he has it sitting in that 18 x 18 in his garage!!! I'm trying to get the bird out of that situation ASAP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users