Photo
- - - - -

I ave been looking to adopt an african grey and there are so!!!!!!!!!! many scams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TREETOPTREE

TREETOPTREE

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

I am looking to adopt an african grey parrot and I live in Spokane Wa. area and can't pay for one , I do have experience with parrots ,I lost mine in July 2011. These scammers are so mean and heartless, they are just evil people. I have money to feed one I just can't afford a thousand to buy one, and I would rather give one a home who is in need of one. anyway lol

#2 macawpower58

macawpower58

I Live, Eat & Sleep BirdBoard

• Members
  • 2183 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

Many parrot people will not adopt out their bird if they know you're short on funds. Parrots are expensive. Cages, toys, food, vets, ect.....

The cost of the bird is IMO the cheapest part!

Becky.....Where Fur and Feather Meet.

Posted Image

My Albums

#3 Fiver

Fiver

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

I am sorry to hear that, but I also agree with Becky. However, rescues and rehomed birds are much cheaper than baby birds, which is not to say they shouldn't get the utmost care. Why not consider a less expensive species?

#4 TREETOPTREE

TREETOPTREE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have my heart set on grey, I start work soon so I will be able to afford one and take care of one, just not at the moment. I had a parrot before and he died so I have been so sad . I know how much care they need and attention and the toys and food are not a problem I have an excellant bird store nearby my house and they are my friends
:tt1::001_wub::tt1:

#5 BlueBird09

BlueBird09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

I've been doing a lot of researching and looking around lately because I'd really like a parrot. I've always wanted one. And yeah, there are a lot of scams. I think I might have already ran into one myself.

My mother called a lady today about a Congo African Grey and what that lady told her about him was just horrible. She rescued him from his previous owner because the living conditions were just disgusting (the woman wouldn't even clean their cages out so there was feces everywhere and even in their food and water. Her house was infested with bugs and roaches and was just filthy). The woman kept this poor bird in a cage in a dark corner of her house with nothing but a heat light over him. Most of his feathers are gone and one of his feet is messed up. He can't completely straighten the toes on it and so if he doesn't have anything that he can grip onto when he stands up, he falls over. The lady who rescued him had to feed him with baby bird formula through a syringe for a while. She took him to the vet and the vet said that he may have suffered a stroke while in that woman's care. It was horrible :( I can't believe that someone would do that to such an animal :(

She's had him for more than a month now though and says that he's doing a lot better. He's eating food now on his own and drinking water and even trying to climb around outside his cage. His feathers are starting to come back too and she says he's such a sweet bird. He hasn't bit her the first time but would bite that other woman all the time.

#6 Johnni Gade

Johnni Gade

I LOVE BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Many parrot people will not adopt out their bird if they know you're short on funds. Parrots are expensive. Cages, toys, food, vets, ect.....

The cost of the bird is IMO the cheapest part!

well put.
African Greys: Thor & Luna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users