Photo
- - - - -

Rosie frequently hides - do I remove her hidey-hole?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thermodynamic

thermodynamic

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

Rosie has developed a new habit. At times she will see me and run into a small tent and occasionally peek her head out of the opening.

I've not changed or done anything that would have terrified her or to make her frightened of me.

Indeed, she is more accustomed to taking treats from my fingertips than ever before.

She still does her somersaults and other funny tricks.

But it seems strange she would hide at times. (I know she's always had issues, before I bought her, but this new turn of events seems unusual.)

Should I call a vet, just to be sure?

And should I remove the tent or would that make her feel even more anxious?

Or why Rosie is a "her" since Rosie will try to, uh, "get busy' with Scooter at every opportunity... and fight Rusty as well, which is why the three of them are never out together anymore... (And I don't know Scooter's gender, but I've read not all females will lay eggs either...)

#2 Guest_NotEnoughTime_*

Guest_NotEnoughTime_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

As long as Rosie is eating well and the poops are normal, unless the behaviour is accompanied by constant fluffed feathers - or something like that - I wouldn't worry. My green cheek likes to hide under newspaper and my sun likes to peek out of his hut... So I don't think this type of behaviour is abnormal in a conure. I believe that conures do nest in tight enclosed spaces (for the most part) such as hollowed out dead trees... So this may be a "safe" spot for your bird.

That being said - a vet visit (just for a check-up) is always good if there hasn't been one for a year or more...

#3 Ali Macaw

Ali Macaw

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

There are new bird tents that include a perch inside, with one of those, she could hide, but not completely. http://www.parrottoy...bird-play-tent/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users