Photo
- - - - -

Any guess on GCC's splits? What to pair with?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GreenCheekGal

GreenCheekGal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

I have a male normal turq green cheek conure. I don't know if he has any splits.

Question 1: Can anyone guess if he has any color splits? I don't know what his parents' mutations were, but I do know that there was a male opaline turq, a female pineapple turq, and a female cinnamon turq that were also in his clutch with all of their colors being sex-linked. Can someone guess what his parents were and if he has any splits from that?

Question 2: If someone is able to guess what he is, what color hen should I pair him with to get the most color variety in chicks?

Thank you!

#2 Monica

Monica

Passion for Parrots!

• Moderators
  • 22118 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Female pinapple turq... Male is either visual or split cinnamon and opaline.

Male opaline, female is a visual opaline. (would have to do a DNA sex to be sure)

All other offspring were turq's, so both parents must have been split for turq, or one a visual turq and other split.

Probably safe to assume he's split turq and opaline, maybe cinnamon.

Color variety would depend on what color you'd prefer the most... do you want turqs? Opalines? Cinnamons? Or?
Monica & Fids (Fids = Feathered Kids)

Posted Image

#3 GreenCheekGal

GreenCheekGal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

I love Table 13 on this chart because there is so much variety. http://www.feathert....ekgenetics.html
I like turq, but honestly think some of the more "normal" varieties are prettier, so if I could get anywhere near the results from that chart, that'd be more what I'd like to aim for.

#4 Monica

Monica

Passion for Parrots!

• Moderators
  • 22118 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Your male may be the same as the one displayed in Table #13. It would be rather easy to find a female pineapple, but I'm not so sure about finding a female pineapple split turq unless you know her parents genetics.
Monica & Fids (Fids = Feathered Kids)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users