4 replies to this topic

#1 rednerite

rednerite

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBeverly, MA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

I rescued Charlie when he was 26 years old; he lived those 26 years in squalor and neglect until his body finally could no longer cope--he fell and broke his back. No one thought Charlie would make it a night, but I am glad to say he spent a wonderful two years with my family, and learned what love is. Despite being paraplegic and needing weekly trips to the vet for acupuncture and daily pain medication, Charlie was as comfortable and happy as he had been his entire life. He passed happier than any bird could possibly have passed; before he was in too much chronic pain and in the arms of his chosen human, nodding happily and "purring".

We miss you Charlie, but are so glad you are finally at peace and had the chance to love and be loved.

Charlie the Blue Crown Conure - a paralyzed rescue bird

Posted Image
http://www.avianweb.com/charlie.html

#2 greybird777

greybird777

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWarwick NY

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. My Condolences
RICK

#3 ashbirdlady

ashbirdlady

I LOVE BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground WA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

So sorry to hear. I am glad you got to spoil him rotten for a little while
Christa

#4 Monica

Monica

Passion for Parrots!

• Moderators
  • 22118 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of Charlie's passing! But you are right, he passed away quite happily and well loved! Probably the best way for any parrot to pass on! I remember when you first brought him home and trying to figure out how best to care for him! And the techniques you and your a-vet were trying to make sure he would be as comfortable as possible! And of course the times when you decided to introduce other birds into the flock and how Charlie would be.

I'm glad to have witnessed his story, seen his photos and 'know' him! And happy that you found him! May he forever rest in peace knowing the great kindness, love and devotion you had for him!

We love you Charlie, and we'll miss you!!!!!!!! *great big feather hugs to you and yours!*
Monica & Fids (Fids = Feathered Kids)

Posted Image

#5 RXK

RXK

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

know this is very late but just want to convey my deepest condolences. thank you for giving him the love and loving home he always deserved. may he be flying happily above us.
Save your health, save the planet, save animals: go vegetarian/vegan!

Spread the word. Change the destiny of billions of helpless animals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users