2 replies to this topic

#1 spunkey_monkey

spunkey_monkey

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:50 AM

Why isnt my birds feathers growing back??? I got him 3 monthes ago and the store clips them. I got 2 and skittles feathers are moslty back whats going on???
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?

#2 Monica

Monica

Passion for Parrots!

• Moderators
  • 22118 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:52 AM

Maybe these two birds are different ages, and by feathers not growing back, I take it that your budgies flight feathers were clipped... Are they living in a cage or in an aviary, and do you want them to be pets, or breeders (in the future, when they are older)?????

If you want your budgies to be pets, its best to keep them clipped so that they do not fly out an open window or door. On the note of the feathers not growing back, not all birds molt at the same time, and these two birds may have been born at different times. A molt is usually set by food (are they on a healthy diet with lots of fruits, veggies, grains..... do they get plenty of food???), and weather (are they living indoors, or outdoors??? it's a thing with the seasons...).
Monica & Fids (Fids = Feathered Kids)

Posted Image

#3 spunkey_monkey

spunkey_monkey

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:59 AM

They where about that same age when i got them and they live in a good size cage i let them out allota time when im home they are pets both of them are on the same diet fruits and veggies and bird seed.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users