A fun bird game I developed!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PowerBBS_*

Guest_PowerBBS_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

Bird Board Mach Game
Free for you to enjoy! No pop-ups, no ads, no gimmicks.. just a fun safe game.

I developed a fun little birdboard match game a few months ago and left it up to Kevin to get it posted somewhere's on the board. I think thru all the hustle and work of his own, Kevin hasn't yet found the time (or even may have forgotten) to post it live for all to enjoy. I had shown the Moderators this and gotten their feedback and even gotten some users permission to utilize their birdy pics in the game.

The game does require the Adobe Flash Player which you can get here. If you use Windows Internet Explorer, after you go to the page you may have to setup the "Enable ActiveX Controls" for this website to be able to play.

Note: if you experience bugs it's quite possible you don't have the newest Flash Player installed for your browser. Go to the adobe links I've got placed in my message above and update them. If you are on dialup or a slow broadband connection I wouldn't bother... there's just too many graphics to download.

Here's the link to: Bird Board Match Game

Enjoy... !

I didn't charge Kevin or the Bird Board a dime for any of this programming (typically my programming/development/design rates start @ $50/hr). Truth be told it's about 80 hours of coding, design and testing. I take critisism "ok", but I like compliments even better. Any ideas for other games I might entertain/do as well. It's all dependant on my available time and feasibility as I do this stuff on a professional level as well and right now my clientel list has me quite occupied.

#2 anbrownucsd

anbrownucsd

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

Is it supposed to take so long to add up the score at the end of the game... or is something wrong with my computer/flash player?
Ashley
~~~~~
Meet Hermes!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cadbury - Bunny Rabbit

#3 anbrownucsd

anbrownucsd

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

Great Game!

However, I think that if your time goes into the negative *which it does allow you to do, even though it probably shouldn't* your score will add up forever until you just restart the game.
Ashley
~~~~~
Meet Hermes!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cadbury - Bunny Rabbit

#4 Guest_PowerBBS_*

Guest_PowerBBS_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:19 AM

Well the game itself isn't infalible. Flash programming can be quite buggy at times.

In many cases a flash player update will help. Microsoft has started to release it's own version of a flash player with IE 7, so if some of you are using the default player (rather than the proper Adobe Flash Player) you may even experience even more bugs than the ones that will come with the Adobe one.

The time it takes to add up your score does completely rely on the amount of time you have remaining upon clearing a level.

With each new level your time reduces 10 seconds. I started the time at a rather high level so that users would make it beyond level 10 (especially since originally I was only showing 9 pairs of cards and now I'm showing 14 - per Kevin's request).

The time used to count down is totally dependant on the speed of your pc as it's a simple "timer" countrol. So those of you who don't have the powerhouse computers that the rest of us might have... will experience lag and slower response times than what is intended. Plus dependant on the number of programs you might already have open, you also could experience lag.

On my 3.2Ghz quad core laptop with 8GB RAM and my 8MB web connection... everything runs screaming fast. Of course I typically see to it that I've got the best of the best all the time and move into the newest PC I can afford at least once a year (averaging about $3K). Which I acknoledge many people can't afford. But I do sincerely tell everyone I meet that if your PC is more 3 years old... it's definately time to update.

#5 loyallyroyal

loyallyroyal

I Live, Eat & Sleep BirdBoard

• Members
  • 2090 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

all 4 of our pcs are over 3 years old lol
I'm saving for a blackbird though, along with cs2, a bottlebrush playstand, and after getting Dewey Ive got a long way to save lol
hopefully they all hold out hehe

#6 Guest_kellywess_*

Guest_kellywess_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

Very Cool Game.

#7 sandie718

sandie718

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Cute game, made it to level 6!

Posted Image

#8 hsmoscout

hsmoscout

I Live, Eat & Sleep BirdBoard

• Members
  • 2657 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

I love the game, but I'm thinking the interface could use an update!

#9 rewki

rewki

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1290 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Great game I will try it out on my grandchildren this weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rebecca and the flock in Israel

#10 hatchling

hatchling

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

FUN! I made it to level 6. Loved all the great pictures!
Stephanie
The kids:
Chyna Pit/lab mix - CGC
Henry American Pit Bull Terrier - CGC, TDI
Pattersyn monster kitty!
Charley White face grey 'tiel
Perley Day White face cinnamon 'tiel
Royal White capped Pionus
Ryan Appendix QH

#11 New Ekkie Mom

New Ekkie Mom

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1298 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:30 AM

Great Game!

However, I think that if your time goes into the negative *which it does allow you to do, even though it probably shouldn't* your score will add up forever until you just restart the game.

Yeah, that happened for me too. But the game itself is cute! I love memory games. And using pictures from Bird Board members is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users