• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

I have another question, please bear with me as I am new to finch. :confused: Can you house 2 males and 1 female, or 2 females and 1 male? I know you can do 2 of the same sex but was unsure of 2 and 1. Also, if you have 3, do they tend to get along better than just 2? Thank you in advance for any advise.
Harley - TAG
BooBoo - Green Cheek Conure
Bonnie & Clyde - Society Finch
Charlie - Blue & Gold
Adam & Eve - American Budgies
6 Pups- Aspen (Westie), Pebbles (Cairn Terrier), Rocky (Chow), Dakota (Mix), Gator (Yorkie), Booger (Brussels Griffon)
and a Wonderful Husband, Brian

#2 CKD

CKD

Blessed by Birds

• Banned
  • 1002 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is better to have 2 females to 1 male. I think with 2 males and a female they would pick on her terribly and may kill her.
Posted Image
Indianapolis , Indiana
A big HOOSIER hello to you all :razz: :lol:

Posted Image

Piper- Quaker
Pandora- Green Cheek Conure
Chopper-Pied Tiel
Jo-Normal Grey Tiel

#3 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:32 PM

Bonnie and Clyde were in a cage with another male finch and a Silverbilled Finch. Bonnie is in really shabby shape and I am wondering if they perhaps bullied her. Then Clyde's eye is messed up as well and the other male is missing a tail. The Silverbill is in perfect shape and feather. Do you think the males fought with each other as well?
Harley - TAG
BooBoo - Green Cheek Conure
Bonnie & Clyde - Society Finch
Charlie - Blue & Gold
Adam & Eve - American Budgies
6 Pups- Aspen (Westie), Pebbles (Cairn Terrier), Rocky (Chow), Dakota (Mix), Gator (Yorkie), Booger (Brussels Griffon)
and a Wonderful Husband, Brian

#4 Dayna

Dayna

wow

• Members
  • 3784 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:23 PM

2 males to 1 female could cause serious problems. However 2 females to 1 male is generally fine. I would watch the male to make sure he does not pick on the submissive female.
www.facebook.com/dayna.robertson

www.hawaiianpunaparadise.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users