• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kali

kali

I Live, Eat & Sleep BirdBoard

• Banned
  • 4830 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

Ok, so i want to buy a larger amount for a better price than what the pet shops are charging. it there anywhere i can buy it un-dyed within the country? I noticed Chinniechantel bought some ages ago and posted pics but i don't think I can buy it overseas and ship it in without it being treated.

Even if you've seen some in a shop in a different state i would appreciate their phone number or name, i'm sure they'd post it to me!

I've tried searching online and even on ebay and nothing :( except for the 'bird' pieces that are $3 each... :scared:

Posted Image

#2 cpw

cpw

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

Funny you ask that ... Not that I know where to buy it from besides body shops/chemists ..

But on better homes and gardens last friday night ... they garden dude showed how to grow your own !!! So maybe try looking on the better homes and garden website to find out where you can get some seeds from or something :)

#3 jaded1313

jaded1313

Property Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

I get touche loufa sponges for $1 each at big lots. They are pretty decent size and he loves them. Maybe check that out?
~Heather
Posted Image

#4 Rahni

Rahni

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Probation
  • 1729 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

Surely you could order them off the net? I think the Body Shop sell natural ones, probably way overpriced but try online beauty shops- that would be my guess.

#5 kali

kali

I Live, Eat & Sleep BirdBoard

• Banned
  • 4830 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

I've tried googling it Rahni. I usually have super researching skills on the internetz but I just can't seem to find this stuff.

Jaded, I have no idea what you're talking about (lol) but I want to buy within Australia so it doesn't have to be gamma irradiated upon entering the country.

And thanks heaps cpw, but I couldn't grow a Plant to save my life. I'm surprised I even got the sprouts to work!!!

There's got to be somewhere in this huge country I can buy cheap loofah from!

Posted Image

#6 maggy

maggy

My Bird is An Honor Student at BirdBoard

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

I have seen loufas in the vegie shop, as an edible vegetable...maybe you could check out vegie shops? All you do is let the vegie dry out somewhere dry and warm...then crumble the dry flesh off, save the seeds to grow more, the loufa as you recognise it is the "skeleton" or fibrous part of the vegetable.

#7 rewki

rewki

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1290 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

I came across this link for loofah and got a bonus, the name to an odd looking flower which I saw yesterday while walking my granddaughter home after art class. Next week I will pick some of the seed, now that I know it is not poisonous. http://waynesword.pa...du/traug99c.htm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rebecca and the flock in Israel

#8 little miss spritz

little miss spritz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:13 AM

ive been looking everywhere for some but i cant seem to find ANYWHERE!!! you can buy seeds but like you im a terrible at garddening, and i want it now not in months... ive also been trying to look for grapevine so i can make my own shapes out of them instead of balls... any one seen grapevine for sale in australia???

#9 Adelle

Adelle

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Could be worth hitting the local markets. I was at one a few weeks ago & saw heaps of natural ones someone had grown in their gardens.
Although they were all dried out. But i guess they can also be purchased fresh from the vine.

#10 little miss spritz

little miss spritz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:46 AM

an older chinese couple sells them at the logan markets in brisbane, they are on every sunday if youre ever down that way... theyre pretty cheap the small ones are $1-2 mediums are 3-5 and the larger ones are 6-9... you can also go onto ebay, there arnt any on there, but htere is 2 ladys on there, one sells loofah seeds and the other sells loofah soaps and if you get into contact with them you can buy natural loofahs from them outside of ebay, its worth a try if you still cant find any... good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users