• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 charliebear22

charliebear22

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

I was wondering where everyone got their cages from? I would like to avoid cross border shipping, if I can. My first cage came from kijiji:icon_biggrin:
I'll be adding a new fid to the flock in the near future, and would like to house my (then 2) birds in close proximity. I'm looking at a double cage with the divider possibly. As I know there will be a third fid in a couple of years, I want to avoid having a house scattered with cages...
One day I'll build a proper aviary, but there'll be a lot of shaking the money tree before that happens. :icon_biggrin:
Thank you
Current Household Headcount:
1 hubby, 2 children, 2 chameleons, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 Sun Conure, 1 TAG, 1 bearded dragon, 4 tree frogs, 1 anole, 1 grass lizard, 3 crested geckos, 2 Kenyan sand boas, and 7 freshwater fishtanks.
Welcome to the funny farm. Admission is $3 please.

#2 mingming

mingming

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Probation
  • 1432 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Let's see...
Birds R Us Brampton can order any A&E cage for you and has great prices!
Birds R Us - Brampton - Home

Those are probably the best prices I've seen them. Then there's always kijiji and craigslist =)

There is also...
Elite Pets - Bird Cages
North America Parrot Toys Parrot Supplies Bird Toys Swings

Posted Image

The Cuteness and the Clown.The Lovely Feathers

#3 ashleysmiles

ashleysmiles

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

I bought my cage from Parrotdise Perch :) They have two locations, one in Calgary and one in Mississauga. I'm pretty sure for most, if not all, of their cages they offer free shipping throughout Canada. Mine is huge, and I only paid 215$ for it.

North America Parrot Toys Parrot Supplies Bird Toys Swings

They are super friendly, and my cage was shipped in one day. They also sell food, toys, treats etc. You name it, they probably have it! Good luck! :)

#4 Emmilyy

Emmilyy

I Live, Eat & Sleep BirdBoard

• Banned
  • 7517 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:06 AM

Just wont do CSN stores, ugh. I heard good things and me and my cousin ordered from them and the cage is all bent and splotchy with what looks like rust and one of the bars is too short so it doesn't attatch to the rest of the cage.. (A&E cage) .. and we can't get anyone to talk about returning it.
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Neophyte - shut up. You know nothing about the things which you are talking about.

- FreedomOfFlight

#5 sthiele

sthiele

BirdBoard Junkie

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:18 AM

Just wont do CSN stores, ugh. I heard good things and me and my cousin ordered from them and the cage is all bent and splotchy with what looks like rust and one of the bars is too short so it doesn't attatch to the rest of the cage.. (A&E cage) .. and we can't get anyone to talk about returning it.

Wow, that is surprising. I have bought 2 cages from CSN and they ship fast and have top notch customer service. My flight cage came with a cracked food cup and they called me to let me know a new one was being sent out. If you buy an A&E from CSN, though, it does not ship from CSN, it ships directly from A&E.
:i.seki3: (Jade, Chance, Skye, and Cosmo - parakeets) :tiel: (Ringo - cockatiel) :sun2: (Tucker - sun conure)

#6 birdgirl276

birdgirl276

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

Parrotdise Perch. They have great prices on great cages. And they're offering free shipping to most major cities right now. While you're at it, they have a bazillion great toys!!
Tricia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Ginnip

Ginnip

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:12 AM

I also love Parrotdise Perch, and buy all of my stuff from that store now.
That being said, I got Griffin's from Pet Mart, which was before I discovered that Parrotdise Perch existed.
I really don't know if I'd recommend buying anything else from that store, but the cage I have for Griffin is really great and sturdy, and it was super cheap, as most of their cages are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffin- painted conure

#8 shosh

shosh

My Bird is An Honor Student at BirdBoard

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

I've bought a couple of cages at Petsmart for the lovebirds and budgies but Parrotdise Perch, I agree, has a great selection and at a better price. I just bought a cage there recently...Also tend to be sturdier and larger...the bigger ones at petsmart are noticeably more expensive.
Their toy selection is quite unique albeit not quite as reasonably priced on some items but overall, they are the go-to store in this neck of the woods.

#9 mingming

mingming

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Probation
  • 1432 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

Sometimes if you go into Petsmart you get lucky and they have CRAZY awesome deals.

You can also go to small local petstores and sometimes they can order you a cage pretty reasonably priced.

Posted Image

The Cuteness and the Clown.The Lovely Feathers

#10 skcopland

skcopland

Certified BirdBoard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

I got my cage from Exotic Wings and Pet Things (along with my bird!), they have some nice ones and pretty typical prices. I figure they ship, considering they have an online shopping thingy. Close for us too, its just in St Clements outside of Waterloo.

They have some nice playtop ones that's for sure as opposed to more of the flight cage style. Depends on what you're looking for I guess!
Exotic Wings - Cages.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]- Proud parent of Basil the brown headed parrot!

#11 Ginnip

Ginnip

My Bird(s) Own Me!

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

Sorry guys, just wanted to mention that I didn't mean Petsmart as the cheap cage store, I got Griffin's cage at Pet Mart which is by Dixie and Dundas in Mississauga. The guy at the store will even deal with you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffin- painted conure

#12 sweetnlow

sweetnlow

BirdBoard Junkie

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

I believe Tui's cage came from elite pets. It came with him when I adopted him. It seems like a good cage although he has stripped a bit of finish off some bars. I have contacted them before about a cage for Ziggy and they seem to have good customer service. Their cages are very reasonably priced as well. Sometimes you can get a bit of a better deal through ebay than on their website. They sell on ebay as well as their site :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amanda's Flock: A wonderful husband of nine years ~A beautiful girl and boy
~Ziggy the Green Cheek Conure :i.muroko: ~Tui the male CAG :Tafrgrey: ~ Chewy, Chihuahua mix dog

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 cutlass

cutlass

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

I've been able to find great deals on Kijiji. If you keep an eye out, you can usually find a great (expensive) cage for a quater of what you would pay for a new one. Although there is usually some cleaning involved once you get it. I also bought a new cage off ebay. I can't remember the name of the company, but it came from Ontario. It was also about half of what I would have paid buying something similar at Petsmart or any other pet store. Although I did manage to score an Avian Hotel travel cage at Petsmart for half price. I was pretty happy about that!!
Crimson Bellied Conure - Kiwi
Cockatiels - Julie & Emma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users