I bought my boys a new toy yesterday and it has a lot of thin wooden chips hanging from it (they look like little CD's to give you an idea of their shape and density)..they LOVE it and chewed on it all day!
But i noticed something that worried me..one of them would rip off pieces of the wood and chew on it while holding it in his foot. I observed closely and it seemed like he was just breaking it off into smaller pieces and letting them fall out of his mouth but I'm worried that he might be swallowing some of these little pieces as well.
Is this normal toy-chewing behavior? And if he is swallowing the wooden chips is this harmful? To their dismay, I took the toy away so I could make sure it was safe for them to play with it before giving it back. Sometimes when I watch them eat their food it looks similar to the way they chew their toy pieces so I was nervous about them ingesting wood chips, which could cause impaction, or so I remember reading.
Any other caique owners have experience with this behavior? Thanks!
Caiques ingesting wooden toy parts?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users