4 replies to this topic

#1 bubostic

bubostic

New Member Of BirdBoard.Com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

I'm really sadden by my gray cockatiel escaping. I had his wings clipped but apparently not enough. I followed him to were he landed and finally got him to come to me. He landed on by head but was spooked before I could get him in his cage. I searched for him 12 hours yesterday and began searching again this morning. Around noon he was spotted in a back yard and flew up into a tree. The trees are too thick for me to see him. I stayed in the yard for 4 hours and he never came down nor did I hear him.

Any ideas? I have been taking my other cockatiel with me. Hoping he would answer him. His name is Teddy. He is lost in the Maitland Florida area at S Thistle Lane and Kings Row.

Please contact me if you find him or if you have any ideas. He is a sweetheart and hope so much to find him.

#2 yvette

yvette

BirdBoard Junkie

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

I hope you find your tiel!! You are in my prayers:)

#3 bubostic

bubostic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

Thank you. I am still searching for him. Will let you know when I find him.
Brenda

#4 bubostic

bubostic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Teddy was found today. He flew about 2 miles from home and was walking around Maitland City Park and landed on an employees head when he was approached. He is happy to be home. He is resting on my foot as I write these emails. I know it's him--he has always loved my feet. This is a blessed day! Our prayers were answered.
Brenda

#5 christie99

christie99

I COULD WRITE A BOOK!

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

I'm glad your tiel is home. Remember that clipping more won't solve the problem, tiels are so lightweight that they can fly with a proper clip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users